Civil Trial Practice
When litigation occurs, or is threatened, clients need competent, respected trial counsel in whom they can place their trust.
Amer Cunningham Co., L.P.A. has an active state and national civil trial and appellate practice, prosecuting and defending clients’ claims before a multitude of state and federal courts and tribunals.
Our system of firm integration offers the client a trial team consisting of the trial lawyer(s), the referring attorney and those attorneys concentrating in the area of law involved in the litigation. This integrated approach provides service to the client in the most economical, efficient and professional manner.
Areas of Trial and Appellate Practice
We negotiate, prosecute and defend claims in nearly every area of law, including:
- Business and Corporate
- Health Care
- Libel and Slander
- Personal Injury
- Probate and Estate
- Product Liability
- Professional Relationships
- Proprietary Rights
- Real Estate
- Cost of litigation vs. outcome desired
- Risk of desired outcome not being achieved
Avoiding Litigation Expenses
- This analysis is done very early in the dispute
- Reviewed and revised throughout the dispute as the claim proceeds
- We recognize that financial considerations are very important to the clients we represent
- We believe that money is better spent on wise business investments than on costly and unnecessary litigation expenses
Understanding the Objectives
- Our firm’s commitment to managing litigation in a cost-efficient manner sets us apart from others
- We use common sense.
- We ensure that we fully understand your objectives
- We can assist the you in defining those objectives
- Trial counsel will then attempt to attain those objectives while balancing the value of the objectives sought against the costs incurred
We objectively evaluate and recommend solutions to the client in order to achieve our goal of resolving the client’s dispute in the most effective, economical manner, while keeping to high ethical standards and serving the best interest of the client.
Litigation is expensive and time-consuming and may not be the best solution to the problem. Often, the client’s objectives are better met through competent negotiation or by one of the many alternate dispute resolution procedures.
The ever changing needs of our clients also calls upon us to pioneer new alternative fee and billing arrangements. Fixed-fee and result-fee methods are only two of the alternatives available at Amer Cunningham Co., L.P.A.
In today’s busy world, our clients have more than enough to do without needlessly worrying about their business, professional and individual disputes. Amer Cunningham Co., L.P.A. has experienced lawyers to help you resolve such matters in a practical and cost-efficient manner.